Thursday 9 August 2018

Weekly Discussion Summary ~ Postcards from Within

'I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.' C. G. Jung

Our discussion this week was inspired by a post from member Elizabeth.

'This piece is part of a series called Postcards from Within by North American glass artist Denise Bohart Brown. It spoke to me in a way that art rarely does.

I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to be.

I am not defined by having breast cancer. It has changed me. Stopped my breath. Caused me to stand still. Brought tears. Fear. Pain. More than I could imagine. Still does.

It happened to me. It is happening to me.

But I choose to be more than the experience of having breast cancer...
I think if I were to send myself a postcard from within, this is what I would write.'

We invited our members, who are women with both primary and secondary breast cancer diagnoses, to submit their own postcard from within. A selection of excerpts from their contributions are attached to this post.

If you would like to, please add your own postcard in the comments: what would you write if you were to send yourself a postcard from within?

If you are a woman living in the UK with a breast cancer diagnosis, and you would like to join our private group, please send us a private message via https://www.facebook.com/resilienceinbreastcancer/




















No comments: