Wednesday 19 October 2016

Day 19 #pathways2resilience ~ Rachel

Special Feature Edition: Pathways to Resilience: Embracing our Vulnerability, Celebrating our Resilience

“I am still STABLE”….

Today we are delighted to present Rachel, whose fantastic blog ‘Could this be (one of) the greatest days of my life’ we featured back in April. For #pathways2resilience Rachel has shared a post with us from her own page earlier in October delivering good news to her followers: 

“I've had my scan results and I'm delighted to say I am still STABLE. What is this world that I live in where it can be good news and worthy of celebration to hear the news you still have cancer and sorry but it's not any smaller but it's not any bigger either, and it's nowhere new. Well this was my news today and my first thought was hooray. This is the world I will live in for the rest of my life. Stable buys me time, time with my family, time for Fun and laughter and time for the hope for a cure to exist in my lifetime, for me. Thank you to everyone who is there for me. Words can't describe how much support I need and I am truly grateful for the love that is shown to me. Chemo again Monday. Number 24. But I am ready. Bring it on xxxx” 


Today Rachel would also like to mention another group she belongs to where everyone is so wonderfully supportive:

"I'm part of an online group called Flat Friends that supports ladies living without reconstruction after mastectomy. No matter what's going on in our lives you are never alone once you are part of Flat Friends."




#panningforgold #pathways2resilience

#bcresiliencecentre #breastcancerawareness

No comments: